Welcome to the Year Five homework page!
We will be constantly updating this page with homework tasks, useful links and fun tasks to make sure that your children continue to learn at home.
Work hard, have fun!
If you have any questions, queries or requests, contact the Year Five Team below.
Please ensure that you are accessing Bug Club, TTRockstars and Spelling Shed daily. Reading, spelling and times-tables are the essential building blocks upon which all other learning is built. Encourage your children to engage with these platforms regularly (at least 3 times a week) to ensure that progress is maintained.
This week's winners are:
Drum roll please....
TTRockstars: 5L: Alishba
Bug Club: 5L: Aaliyah
5LW: M. Shahid
Spelling Shed: 5L: Faizan
Well done to all the winners - and everyone who has worked hard this week! Wollescote is proud of you!
Weekly Reading Tasks
WB 23.03.20: Please follow your child's home learning pack for this week's reading task. A downloadable version will be added on Thursday, if required. The activities closely follow the school's reading cycle and will be familiar to your children.
Weekly Writing/SPaG Tasks
Please consult your child's home learning pack for the writing tasks for the first three weeks. Each task is based on a text type encountered by your child during year five. They should study the picture and write using all of the skills and features used over the past academic year.
In particular, the children should concentrate on:
- Capital letters for the start of sentences and proper nouns.
- Question marks and exclamation marks used correctly.
- Writing organised into clear and logical paragraphs.
- To punctuate speech correctly.
- To add interest to their sentences by using a range of conjunctions and clauses.
- To brackets to add additional information.
- To use 'kinetic letters' handwriting throughout their work.
Weekly Spelling Tasks
Please continue to use Spelling Shed to access the weekly spelling tests. Additional supporting material for each spelling list will be added below:
Scene in a Box
Create a scene in a box using the skills and techniques gained in our 'Biome Box' project.
Some ideas potential scenes:
- A scene from a favourite book: Kensuke's cave, Willy Wonka's factory, Hogwarts etc.
- A scene from a film: a spaceship, superhero base, a Disney scene, haunted house.
- A biome/environment: a rainforest, volcano or underwater scene.
- A favourite place: a football stadium, park, theatre, school etc.
Or any other scene you can think of!
Keep checking back here for useful links