Please consult your child's home learning pack for the writing tasks for the first three weeks. Each task is based on a text type encountered by your child during year five. They should study the picture and write using all of the skills and features used over the past academic year.
In particular, the children should concentrate on:
- Capital letters for the start of sentences and proper nouns.
- Question marks and exclamation marks used correctly.
- Writing organised into clear and logical paragraphs.
- To punctuate speech correctly.
- To add interest to their sentences by using a range of conjunctions and clauses.
- To brackets to add additional information.
- To use 'kinetic letters' handwriting throughout their work.