Miss Casey and Mrs Siviter will be keeping this page updated with weekly activities for your children to access.
We have also included some useful videos and website links for you to explore during these school closures. Websites like Phonics Play and Twinkl are allowing free subscriptions for parents to support children during these times. Please ensure you are using Bug Club from home with your child, all children have several books to read and enjoy with you.
If you have any questions or queries about any task set please do not hesitate to message us below.
The Reception Team
If you have any issues or you would like some advice, please don't hesitate to contact a member of the Reception team.
Choose a character from your favourite story to write about e.g the gruffalo, stickman, zog, goldilocks - such as what they look like, how they might feel or what their personality is like e.g. nice, kind, etc. (Don't forget to draw a picture as well.
Easy - write some simple words about your favourite charcater.
Medium - write a simple sentence about your favourtie character.
Hard - write a sentence with the conjunction 'and' about your favourite charcter.
Use your flashcards from your learning packs to make some words with your children, encourage them to segment and blend the words to help spell them.
Easy - make words from the following - s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d,g,o,c,k,e,u,r,h.
Medium - make words from the following - s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d,g,o,c,k,ck,e,u,r,h,b,f,ff,l,ll,ss,j,v,w,x,y,z,zz.
Hard - make words from the following the above letters and use your phase 3 digraphs - ch, sh, th, ng, ai, ee.
Choose one of the following books to focus on with your child this week! Answer all the bug club questions and do any challenges that come at the end of the book!
Easy - Tin Man Tim
Medium - Get The Map
Hard - The Quiz Went Fizz
Can you make salt dough at home using 3 simple ingredients? Flour, salt and water!
You can make salt dough animals, flowers, buildings or hand and foot prints.
1 cup salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup warm water
1. In a large bowl mix salt and flour.
2. Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
3. With your hands form a ball with your dough and kneed it for at least 5 minutes. The longer you kneed your dough the smoother it will be.
4. You can let your salt dough creations air dry, however salt dough can also be dried in the oven. Bake at 200 F until your creation is dry. The amount of time needed to bake your creations depends on size and thickness; thin flat ornaments may only take 45-60 minutes, thicker creations can take 2-3 hours or more.
Once your salt dough is hard you can decorate it!
Ask an adult to hide your number cards out of your home learning pack around your house. Can you find them and identify the correct number?
Can you write down the numbers 1-5/1-10/1-20, cut them out and order them correctly?
Challenges for w.b. 23.3.20
PE Challenge! - Locomotion (Different Movements) W.B 23.3.20
1) Run from one side to the other end of a room
2) Bring in different movements such as hopping, skipping, jumping, running and crawling
3) This time pick up an object and place it on the floor at the other end of the room
CHALLENGE - Take as many objects as possible in 30 seconds to the other end of the room whilst moving in different ways.
Then count how many objects you have sent over
Science/Understanding The World Websites!
Useful websites,videos and links!